Recycling is on the up!
- 43% of Household waste was recycled (including composting and reuse) in 2012, which was a considerable increase on previous years.
- In 2011, 8 million tonnes of waste paper was collected for recycling in the UK, 4 million tonnes of which was used by paper mills to make new paper.
It’s so important in this day and age that businesses dispose of their commercial waste properly: either by seeing to it themselves or by hiring a professional handler to do it. Here at ecoshred (www.ecoshreduk.com), our business is dealing with the secure destruction of the confidential waste material generated by businesses of all sizes.
- Recycling 1 tonne of paper saves 17 mature trees, seven-thousand gallons of water, three cubic yards of landfill space, two barrels of oil and over 4,000 kw hours of electricity.
Incorrect disposal of waste can cause incalculable consequences on the environment. Given how easy it is to recycle in the world of today, there’s absolutely no excuse for not disposing of your waste safely and appropriately. Here at ecoshred we make a point of making the whole process easy for you and your business. We shred your waste paper both to prevent your sensitive documents being read and because shredded paper is easier to recycle. As the statistics above indicate, of the paper that was collected for recycling just under half was used by paper mills to create new paper products.
- Around 95% of business information is still stored on paper.
- Identity fraud costs the UK an estimated £1.7bn a year and is the fastest growing white-collar crime.
While a large proportion of identity fraud takes place on the high street and in the form of credit card theft, a lot of fraud happens when confidential information is easily accessible. By easily accessible, we don’t just mean left on the top of your dustbin or lying at the side of the road; in many cases stolen confidential documents have come from sealed plastic bags in bins. When you shred your documents, you make it much more difficult for any potential identity thieves or fraudsters to piece that information back together and use it to their advantage. However, if someone wanted to obtain information about your business that badly, they could easily take home a waste bag of shredded paper from your business premises and piece that information back together. This is where ecoshred comes in. You can be sure that with our excellent service, your confidential information will be destroyed, disposed of and recycled, making identity theft and fraud extremely unlikely.
For more information on how ecoshred could help make your business a safer and more environmentally friendly place, call us today on 01925 650 075 or write to us at email@example.com.